Skip to main content

12 steps

This week on Wednesday our surrogate and I met with the surrogacy coordinators at the U of U. We went over all the steps of what Steve and I have to do and our surrogate and the medications we are going to be on. As well as a little bit about the verbiage like; IP stands for intended parents in other words Steve and I and GC/surrogate stands for gestation carrier or our amazing surrogate. She is the most giving person to give us 2 years of her own life. She has two little kiddos of herself that are 3 years old and 1 year one. I am so blessed that our paths have crossed. Sometimes I can't believe how the man above works. He amazes me everyday! The surrogate process is 12 steps and some of those steps are harder than the other ones, but we are just going to tackle each step at a time. The next step is to call a Psychologist and have her make sure that we all our mentally stable to be going through all this. The plan is to call this coming week and schedule an appointment for Steve and I and our surrogate and husband.
As I listen and see how other parents teach, discipline and learn from their children. I try to make a mental note of how to become the best parent. I know that no parent is the best and there is no way that I will be, but Steve believes he will be. I know that becoming a mother is going to be a challenge and I am going to learn a whole lot of patience. I would say I am excited and a little bit nervous at the same time, but definitely I feel overly blessed that there is a way that Steve and I can have one of our own.
After work that day I drove down to Pleasant Grove to see my college roommates Jac, Hase and Aubrey. It was fun seeing Jaca and Hase being parents. I envy them and where they are at with their lives. I know I am making my way to that same phase, but sometimes I wish it was now. Their little kiddos are only 2 months apart and Hase's child is a boy and Jac's is a girl. Aubrey and I were just trying to play with both of them sometimes they liked it, but other times not so much. Hase and Aubrey came down from Idaho to visit for a few days.
Friday night all my family gathered at my parents house with grandpa Bruce, grandma Dena and aunt LoLo we had some taco's and visited. My family is kinda crazy, but I wouldn't trade them for anyone. They are all so great and I love them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could have provided a means out. Ashley is

Stinking Breathing Tube!!!! Actually they are out!!! YAYA

Anywho the stinking breathing tube is still in, which makes it more than miserable for Ashley. She is so frustrated, can't talk, can't get anyone to understand what she is trying to say.  It's difficult to see her suffer like she has. The Dr. just told us it's not all just up to her, her lungs may just be that full of fluid that the oxygen saturation may just be low. They have gotten lots of fluid off her which is helping and we are hoping later today will be the day. It's going to take getting that out to  get her up walking and making leaps and bounds of improvements. We are calling today day 2 post surgery, she was on bypass through the weekend which did not put her ahead any, she had fluid on board already from the first surgery so now the fluid has basically compounded. 8PM Update- Breathing tubes are out, still on oxygen, much less irritated, she has one of her favorite nurses on tonight and we think another one of her fav's  will be working with her

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the s