Skip to main content

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route. 

My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the sound of birds, dogs barking and listening to people working outside. During this time it is easy to focus on the negatives. What positives are there? For me, my positives are spending time with Steve and Wrigley, doing things that have been put on the back burner, slowing down and chill, staying connected with family and friends, studying the scriptures, listening to podcasts, listening to my intuition and following it and getting a nice tan.

If you are feeling a little blue try going outside!

Here are the highlights of what is new with me: 
-I am a head coach for Indie Chicas 05 team and assisting with 06 and 10's. The girls give me so much light even when I have had a bad day. 
-I am doing individual/privates with different girls on their footwork, passing and shooting. 
Ever since my transplant, I could never imagine I would be in this situation. I feel so blest to be able to reconnect with all my soccer connections and have them welcome me with open arms. My passion for the game continue to grow as I am training the girls. 

I haven't had my annual yet and planning on going to see the docs in May. Can't believe it has been 5 years. So grateful for my donor and giving me this gift of life. 

Comments

  1. I talk about your story and show your video when you introduced "Gus" to my students in a medical device school. You and the path you have endured is so inspirational and has touched me deeply. I hope you have stayed well during the pandemic. Thanks for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stinking Breathing Tube!!!! Actually they are out!!! YAYA

Anywho the stinking breathing tube is still in, which makes it more than miserable for Ashley. She is so frustrated, can't talk, can't get anyone to understand what she is trying to say.  It's difficult to see her suffer like she has. The Dr. just told us it's not all just up to her, her lungs may just be that full of fluid that the oxygen saturation may just be low. They have gotten lots of fluid off her which is helping and we are hoping later today will be the day. It's going to take getting that out to  get her up walking and making leaps and bounds of improvements. We are calling today day 2 post surgery, she was on bypass through the weekend which did not put her ahead any, she had fluid on board already from the first surgery so now the fluid has basically compounded. 8PM Update- Breathing tubes are out, still on oxygen, much less irritated, she has one of her favorite nurses on tonight and we think another one of her fav's  will be working with her

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could have provided a means out. Ashley is