Skip to main content

thank you oh so much

Crazy past few days in the Askwig household. First off I want to thank everyone that came out yesterday to the DASH4ASH. I was so amazing the people that showed up so thank you from the bottom of my heart. We had 7 people sign up to be donors. If you aren't a donor go online and google Utah donor registry. You could save someone's life like me. At the 5k we had Barney a 2 time liver recipient and Julie a 2 time kidney recipient there. They were just as grateful to their donors and being able to do things in the day to day life without struggle. Thanks to all my friends that came out to support, I truly appreciate it!


 Barney, Me and Julie


Jen, Me & Abbie


Leslie, Me and Espi

Before the 5k we had our last meeting to get everything locked and loaded for Saturday. My cousin Jen flew in from Houston, Texas to help out. Everyone was a little tense and stressed, but we pull it off. Stuffin swag bags, getting all the raffle items together and letting the volunteers know what to expect the day of the race. At the end, I felt like it is so crazy that the day is already here and how everything has come together. So blessed and grateful I felt from the people that gave whatever to help out. Thank you to the DASH4ASH crew and volunteers.



Friday I was on the news! It is so crazy how the news people do the newsy stuff that they have to do. Way over my head. I thought all the people on the channel were there, nope I was wrong. There were only a cameraman, Nadia Crow and 4 other sound peeps. All the rest of the people were out and about. I thought that they would go and record, then return to the news station. Pretty cool experience, though. Check mark on my bucket list. After all the shenanigans I met up with my old college roommates. Jac, Hase and Kylee for dinner. Made me miss Idaho a little. Jac and Hase are mothers and so stinkin cute. Kylee is pregnant and having a boy. So jealous. Then I remember that my baby boy Wrigley is at home. But honestly, oh how I wish I had a little weewad.





So when I told all y'all about how I was able to hike Bell's Canyon. Well, today my cousin wanted to go do something outdoors, so I thought Bell's would be good. We headed to the trailhead and began to hike we made it to the lake area and ran into these people. Long story short, I didn't know that Bell's Canyon kept going? The gentleman said there were these waterfalls. Jen and I wanted to find those waterfalls, mostly me but any who. We kept trekin up the mountain. So beautiful the land we live in. Every time I go hiking, I am amazed.  We wanted to keep going, but Jen's phone died so we didn't have a phone just in case something happened that meant down the mountain. We never found the waterfalls. I think I have been up there though back in High School with the soccer team. My memory isn't that great now ever since my stroke unfortunately. Loved having my cousin here it has been a hot minute since we have gotten together.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could have provided a means out. Ashley is

Stinking Breathing Tube!!!! Actually they are out!!! YAYA

Anywho the stinking breathing tube is still in, which makes it more than miserable for Ashley. She is so frustrated, can't talk, can't get anyone to understand what she is trying to say.  It's difficult to see her suffer like she has. The Dr. just told us it's not all just up to her, her lungs may just be that full of fluid that the oxygen saturation may just be low. They have gotten lots of fluid off her which is helping and we are hoping later today will be the day. It's going to take getting that out to  get her up walking and making leaps and bounds of improvements. We are calling today day 2 post surgery, she was on bypass through the weekend which did not put her ahead any, she had fluid on board already from the first surgery so now the fluid has basically compounded. 8PM Update- Breathing tubes are out, still on oxygen, much less irritated, she has one of her favorite nurses on tonight and we think another one of her fav's  will be working with her

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the s