Skip to main content

love yourself

Hey ya'll! I know it has been a few months, but wanted to give you all an update and let you know I am still here. It was crazy busy the last few months with coaching soccer, instructing yoga, work and working on our house. Now that soccer is over and instructing yoga is over til next year. I feel like I can breathe again. I have enjoyed all the fun things I was doing, but once again, I have learned that saying yes to every opportunity that comes my way wasn't the best decision. All I want to post was to make sure whoever is reading my blog and who has or has not stayed with me since the beginning to make sure you are taking time for yourself. FOR REAL!! I had another opportunity to coach soccer and Oh, did I want it. I had to think about all the times I would come home from work tired and beat but had to go to practice. Even if I wasn't able to workout that morning. If you don't know me working out is a huge part of my life and it is an absolute need. Even though I was tired I got dressed and went to practice. After practice, I was glad I went to hang out with all the girls. Once I was presented the opportunity and discussing it over with my better half Steve. I had to say no. Sometimes, especially for women it is hard for us to say no. So, we never do until we have had enough stuff on our plates. My plate may be smaller than others, but it is still growing. Well, I am hoping it is. To truly know you and how large your plate is something that I believe everyone should try to work towards. I try to give my 110% with anything I am doing in life, but when my plate is full I feel that sometimes I can't give all of me. When I figure this out I do the best that I can to take or throw things off my plate, so I am able to give my true 110%.

Well, now that's off my chest. How about I show you want I have been doing since the last post....
Steve and I went to San Franciso and checked all the boxes.


Ghirardelli Square


Top of Twin Peaks


The Castro and a cable car 


Lombard Street 


On our way to Golden Gate bridge 


Oracle Park 


Look, no hands


Indie Chicas




Vince Beach 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stinking Breathing Tube!!!! Actually they are out!!! YAYA

Anywho the stinking breathing tube is still in, which makes it more than miserable for Ashley. She is so frustrated, can't talk, can't get anyone to understand what she is trying to say.  It's difficult to see her suffer like she has. The Dr. just told us it's not all just up to her, her lungs may just be that full of fluid that the oxygen saturation may just be low. They have gotten lots of fluid off her which is helping and we are hoping later today will be the day. It's going to take getting that out to  get her up walking and making leaps and bounds of improvements. We are calling today day 2 post surgery, she was on bypass through the weekend which did not put her ahead any, she had fluid on board already from the first surgery so now the fluid has basically compounded. 8PM Update- Breathing tubes are out, still on oxygen, much less irritated, she has one of her favorite nurses on tonight and we think another one of her fav's  will be working with her

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could have provided a means out. Ashley is

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the s