Skip to main content

not start 2019 on the right foot

I did it! I am now a certified yoga instructor, then the holiday hit. So, I was swept away with family and fun stuff. In the mix of all that jazz I picked up a bug and just about getting over it now. Let me slow it down and let you know how my final went for yoga and my first experiencing teaching an actual class of random peeps. My final was AMAZING! I did great and my instructors were impressed with my depth of voice and precise cuing with confidence. I was full on shaking when I was instructing, it was nuts! That evening my class of fellow yogis went to Megan's house one of the instructors ate dinner and had a celebration with family. It was such a great experience and so very grateful I decided to step out of my comfort zone and gained great friends and knowledge of yoga.


My amazing instructors with missing Christina 
Right to left: Megan, me, April and Lydia

We drove up to Washington for Christmas to see Steve's brother and family with Steve's parents and grandma. It was great seeing all of together, even though it got crazy at times. We went on the Polar Express train ride, made gingerbread houses, went to the park, went to Seattle, made a stellar prime rib and enjoyed being together as family. While we were there Steve and I went to see good friends Brett and Bailey as they showed us the towns they thought we could live. By the way, we are not moving.


Waiting to aboard the Polar Express




Fun times at Pike's place


My man and his prime rib

Headed home for a little, me not feeling the greatest. I decided to volunteer to teach a class at Hollywood Market yoga. To add, I haven't looked at my books since graduation. Oh, and also my voice was not with me. I spoke with Megan and she gave me the go. So, I did it, but spaced my cuing I got the gist of it at least. Half way through the voice I had left me, so my fellow yogi Jamie stepped in and kill it. From that experience I learned that knowing the dialogue of hot hour and cuing the proper cues to fit the students you are teaching is key. My next class I teach all by myself is February 7th. If you are in Boise, Idaho you should come and support. It is at Hollywood Market yoga at 7pm.


The Grove 


Gma freezing her hinny


Gma vs Boggs wrestle match 

The New Years Steve and I went to SLC to spend time with my parents. The plan was to go skiing, but me not feeling the greatest it was a no go. We just chill, drove around looking at different areas, went shopping, watched movies, did not stay up til 12pm to ring in the new year and hung out. It is always a good time with my parents and looking forward to see them again. This new years hasn't started on the right foot, but I believe I am turning a corner here and hoping to get back at it before my birthday the 25th!!


Perfecting my chataranga


I hope all of ya'll had a great time during the holidays without any sickness!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stinking Breathing Tube!!!! Actually they are out!!! YAYA

Anywho the stinking breathing tube is still in, which makes it more than miserable for Ashley. She is so frustrated, can't talk, can't get anyone to understand what she is trying to say.  It's difficult to see her suffer like she has. The Dr. just told us it's not all just up to her, her lungs may just be that full of fluid that the oxygen saturation may just be low. They have gotten lots of fluid off her which is helping and we are hoping later today will be the day. It's going to take getting that out to  get her up walking and making leaps and bounds of improvements. We are calling today day 2 post surgery, she was on bypass through the weekend which did not put her ahead any, she had fluid on board already from the first surgery so now the fluid has basically compounded. 8PM Update- Breathing tubes are out, still on oxygen, much less irritated, she has one of her favorite nurses on tonight and we think another one of her fav's  will be working with her

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could have provided a means out. Ashley is

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the s