Skip to main content

united

I am almost done with my yoga training! Next weekend I have my final and I am instructing a class with 2 other of my yogi friends. It is crazy how fast the training has flown by. We have all grown so much with understand the preventions of injuries and education on repetitive motions in yoga. I love hearing about peoples first impression about yoga, so if you have taken or have been taking yoga class please comment and let me know. Yoga is a journey just like our individual lives. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. I am still working on Steve but his feet must be cemented into the ground. ;) Sometimes we get frustrated, can't do somethings or we bundle up our emotions inside ourselves. I have learned yoga is not a good work out; it is a so much more! In my last post I touch the surface of what I have learned. I am going to dig a little deeper. Yoga meaning united. What does that mean to you?
Could you imagine if this world which we live in was united as one? If people spoke from a place of kindness? Could you imagine how different the world would be?



This weekend I learned about yin. Look at the symbol above. Do you see the white dot in the paisley swirl? Within the darkness of yin, there is a lightness of yang and vice versa. As we all grow we are trying to balance out the darkness and the lightness. If we don't heed the need to balancing yin and yang, this transition can become devastating. For example, I will say hotter is yang and cooler is yin. Hot water is yin compared to boiling water, which is yang or cool water is yang compared to ice, which is yin.

Here are some examples between yin and yang.

Yin: feminine, cold, passive, mysterious, downward, moon, night and even
Yang: masculine, hot, active, obvious, upward, sun, day, and odd

Are you catching on that yin and yang are the complete opposite...

If we go 100mph we will eventually burn out or if I take in the other direction, if we don't do anything we will just become stuck or stannic in life. When I first started my journey in yoga. I went to class to get a good workout in. Now that my knowledge about yoga has changed in the past 3 month. I now know I need to be able to balance myself just like yin and yang, because yin allows me to slow down, tune in to my breath and change my body from the inside out, so I can hold postures in class longer and better without injury in my yang practice. I hope this makes sense, in the end my main goal is to be balanced, but this may change on my environment, stress, weather and so much more. If I can enhance my self awareness, I believe it possible. I challenge ya'll to try it and comment below about your experience.

Thanks again for all your support in my adventure of life! Happy Holidays!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stinking Breathing Tube!!!! Actually they are out!!! YAYA

Anywho the stinking breathing tube is still in, which makes it more than miserable for Ashley. She is so frustrated, can't talk, can't get anyone to understand what she is trying to say.  It's difficult to see her suffer like she has. The Dr. just told us it's not all just up to her, her lungs may just be that full of fluid that the oxygen saturation may just be low. They have gotten lots of fluid off her which is helping and we are hoping later today will be the day. It's going to take getting that out to  get her up walking and making leaps and bounds of improvements. We are calling today day 2 post surgery, she was on bypass through the weekend which did not put her ahead any, she had fluid on board already from the first surgery so now the fluid has basically compounded. 8PM Update- Breathing tubes are out, still on oxygen, much less irritated, she has one of her favorite nurses on tonight and we think another one of her fav's  will be working with her

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could have provided a means out. Ashley is

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the s