Skip to main content

thanks for you guys

First off I want to thank all my supporters who have followed my blog since the beginning.  This past year has been amazing and I wouldn't trade it for anything. You guys have a large reason why I keep on keeping on. If I fall, I get right back up and try a little harder. You have impacted my life in some many ways. Thank you.

Since I cut open my hand, my week began a slightly painful and ended with huge smiles.
Last week on Monday I got all my blood work done and it came back good. 1 done, 2 more to go.
This week on Monday, my mom and I went to the clinic and had to run to one test to the next. The first test was my echocardiogram, then I had an EKG to check my heart rhythm, clinic visit with the doctor, next dexiscan a bone scan to see if predisone a steroid "chubby face drug" has affected my bones, and lastly a chest x-ray. Long day, yes sir-ry.

Tuesday, my right heart cath and angiogram to check my arteries around my heart to make sure there is no cardiac allograft vasculopathy (CAV). CAV is a major factor the limits long-term survival after cardiac transplantation and is an accelerated form of coronary artery disease. After they went up my femoral artery I couldn't move my leg for 2 hours. Much short time then last time because I got a closure device. The nurse took for a walk and one of my doctors came in. They gave me great news. They said my heart is amazing. All my tests came back with no worries. They took me off fosamax which help my bones when I was on predisone, decreased my pepcid to once a day for my belly because now I am on a much smaller amount of pill so that means not a lot of acid=happy belly and now I am off my bactrium which helped me fight on bacteria. WHOOT! Whoooot!!

I am so very thankful for this past year that I have been able to enjoy without my donor's hearts I probably wouldn't be here to embrace all this world has to offer. Very blessed that I only got sick once and I was able to gain my strengthen and endurance back to be able to do many things that I love to do. It amazes me every single time I go running because I can keep on going and going, to push myself to the next level. To be able to feel my own heartbeat during my workouts is incredible. My husband thinks I am nuts, but I absolutely love it all. I wasn't able to do all of this prior to my generous donor's who gave me the gift of life. Not one, but two.  My heart is so full and heavy all the time when I start thinking about it or whenever I tell someone my story.

As I was watching the LDS conferences this weekend and listened to work which were spoken. The things that were shared touched my heart and made me even more baby hungry. As the speakers were talking about family counseling, how fathers should strive for better, and about family in general my heart was heavy and warm as they spoke. Since my doctors said everything is good. I am going to get an appointment with a high risk OBGYN, not to have my own babies. To see about if I could have my eggs harvested or not. As Elder Holland said at the end of the conference no one whats tomorrow to come after what we have felt today, but God loves each and every one of his children. Even if we fall, He will be there to help us up.




Our afternoon hikes are the bestest :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could have provided a means out. Ashley is

Stinking Breathing Tube!!!! Actually they are out!!! YAYA

Anywho the stinking breathing tube is still in, which makes it more than miserable for Ashley. She is so frustrated, can't talk, can't get anyone to understand what she is trying to say.  It's difficult to see her suffer like she has. The Dr. just told us it's not all just up to her, her lungs may just be that full of fluid that the oxygen saturation may just be low. They have gotten lots of fluid off her which is helping and we are hoping later today will be the day. It's going to take getting that out to  get her up walking and making leaps and bounds of improvements. We are calling today day 2 post surgery, she was on bypass through the weekend which did not put her ahead any, she had fluid on board already from the first surgery so now the fluid has basically compounded. 8PM Update- Breathing tubes are out, still on oxygen, much less irritated, she has one of her favorite nurses on tonight and we think another one of her fav's  will be working with her

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the s