Skip to main content

bumpy road

This past weekend was a rough one for me...I wasn't planning on blogging about it, but I felt like I need to. Friday afternoon after Steve and I went out to lunch with some of our friends I broke down like literally tears and this never really happens, because everytime I begin to cry I ask myself "What are these tears for Ashley, Come on you got this." and goodbye the tears. This time, though they were flowing out at a pretty good pace. I thought to myself, I have waited soo patiently for the past 3 months and still no call. Every doctors appointment they all say they are super surprised that I still haven't received my new heart. I am so ready to move on with this disease stage. Back in 2009 I was diagnosed and 2010 I stopped playing the sport I absolutely adored. I told myself I wasn't going to be able to play soccer again, be able to simply go out for a run, go climb mountains, matter of fact even go skiing anymore. Basically, I was a young woman that could do stuff around the house and play table tennis. This wasn't what I want to be. I wanted to be that woman that ran 1/2 marathons, triathlons, do Little Red (a bike race) with my mom without having to stop every 5 seconds because of me or hearing "on your left" every time someone passes us, and the most important thing is to have babies. I pretty much wanted to be normal. Now with this amazing opportunity of receiving a new heart I can someday be kinda normal, minus the babies, which blows, and I absolutely can NOT, seriously like my insides are going to outside of me that amped up, wait for that moment.

So after my little pity party I went to church, but let me tell you my body did not want to go, but my spirit did, a way odd feeling honestly. Good ol' Dave Koch (Bishop) came up to Steve and me after sacrament and asked how everything was going and then the tears came instantly again truly had no clue what just happened, Dave just put his arm around me and said lets go talk in my office. Man oh man the words that man said to me. I am honestly so darn grateful for him and what he had to share with me. Thank you so very much Dave you are the best. These are some of his words: I have this wonderful opportunity to get to know the Lord on a whole new level. On a level that I can't even explain, but after talking to Dave I am honored. Dave also told me to thank Heavenly Father for this incredible opportunity to not only get to know Him better but also grow closer to my husband. After Dave told me this I told him I don't think I want to thank Him, but as I am writing this I know in my heart that I need to do just that. I am so very grateful for every single one of whoever that has just viewed my blog or asked me "How ya doing Ashley." My heart is so filled with love, humility, and blood of course because of you all. You guys are the reason why I get out of bed every single day that I don't receive the call. I truly don't think I could be doing this without you guys! Thank you Thank you!!!


Got to end on a good feeling... Scottie Scott and I playing dress up back in the day! Love ya woman!!

Comments

  1. Thank you for your post. I've been following your blog. If you guys are still in SLC, come visit us up in Logan. We've love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Skwig - you have a lot of people who love you, think about you, and pray for you often. I love the blog, keep writing and giving updates, you have a massive support system - if you ever need ANYTHING just say the word (and you'll probably have a million people jumping in to help...myself included)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The other day I was running and was tired and being mentally weak and I thought about you and how amazingly strong you are being and how badly you want to run and it gave me so much perspective. I try not to take it for granted. You are amazing and helping so many people through this trial, I can imagine how hard it is to be patient! Keep on keeping on! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh Noelle you are the best!! Absolutely loved reading your comment. Take nothing, I mean NOTHING for granted!! Love you too! Stay warm and keep on keeping on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could have provided a means out. Ashley is

Stinking Breathing Tube!!!! Actually they are out!!! YAYA

Anywho the stinking breathing tube is still in, which makes it more than miserable for Ashley. She is so frustrated, can't talk, can't get anyone to understand what she is trying to say.  It's difficult to see her suffer like she has. The Dr. just told us it's not all just up to her, her lungs may just be that full of fluid that the oxygen saturation may just be low. They have gotten lots of fluid off her which is helping and we are hoping later today will be the day. It's going to take getting that out to  get her up walking and making leaps and bounds of improvements. We are calling today day 2 post surgery, she was on bypass through the weekend which did not put her ahead any, she had fluid on board already from the first surgery so now the fluid has basically compounded. 8PM Update- Breathing tubes are out, still on oxygen, much less irritated, she has one of her favorite nurses on tonight and we think another one of her fav's  will be working with her

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the s