Skip to main content

update on my resolutions

This coming Tuesday is going to be a good day! This past week was way better than last week at work. I changed my mindset of work, work, work to more of a laid back self and telling myself it is okay if I don't have many patients. So remember when my doctor sat me down and pretty much yelled at. I haven't missed any of my pill's from that day on.  Ever since that moment I've been telling myself that my day can't begin or end without me taking my pill's. I am borrowing this heart so I have to take good care of it til I give it back to my donor and give her a huge hug :) 
I thought I would discuss my new year resolutions from this past year. I didn't achieve any of them, unfortunately. I was a shooting way far back. Small steps, I have realized this year. I was  planning on running a half marathon in Novemeber, but sickness took me. I am training for Febuary to accomplish my first half marathon. Hiking Mount Olympus, still haven't done. I was able to get out and hike. I love the fresh air, the birds, all the rocks and sounds of everything outdoors. It amazes me the Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ made this beautiful earth. I wasn't able to go to Canada. My doctors wouldn't allow me to travel. I am able to go out of state now, but only 3-5 hours away. I want to go skiing this season though. Just need to find me a pair of skis. I believe those were my resolutions. I would never guess that I would be out on the field playing soccer again this quick. So very blessed. I would eat, sleep, and breathe soccer before I was diagnosed with my heart problem. 
On Wednesday night I went to surprise one of my favorite nurse's at the hospital. So good to see her again, especially out of the hospital. I saw my surgeon there too. He is such a hard worker and kind man. We chatted it up and again so very blessed for these people that have touched my life in a way that is incredible. 
Here is something I am in shock of and very thankful. I haven't had to be admitted back into the hospital for 8 1/2 months. Most transplant patients have to be admitted due to sickness or medication complications. Grateful that I have been able to give my Wrigley boy a kiss every night and morning. His snoring hasn't bothered me since I have been home <3 I know I haven't posted any pictures for a long time. I promise I will post some next week or sooner. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the ...

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could hav...

New Day, New Chapter, New....????

After the other days SHOCKing experience, I had to go into the clinic today to have my device interrogated.   Basically find out why I got shocked…. Was it warranted?? My device is set to SHOCK me if my heart gets beating too fast, like 180bpm or higher. Which I guess I excreted myself too much yesterday. This is a little bit upsetting, I was hardly up the trail and I got shocked. How am I supposed to do anything physical and not get shocked? Think about trying to exercise but also having to worry about a horse kicking you in the chest at any time.   Leaving the clinic I was pretty bummed… Is my heart just getting worse? Anyway, I went to work at straws and about an hour into work the clinic was calling me. I didn’t want to answer because I had a feeling my INR would be too low again and I would have to be admitted to the hospital. Anyway, I answered and Dr. Kia was on the line. He said “I heard you left upset from the clinic today?” I figured he was about to give me a pe...