Skip to main content

my best friend and sister

Oh my gosh! As I was reading my scriptures I was thinking about my day and I almost went to bed before posting. Well, it was a good week. Work is picking up so I am happy about that. I love to stay busy to a point. One day I was thinking to myself and how blessed I am for everything I have received on this beautiful earth. My parents, brother, husband, wrigley, my bestest friends, 3 hearts I have had, my LVAD team, my doctors, my donors, a job, a house and the list goes on and on. Sometimes I miss that life. I don't miss the hospital trust me. I miss waking up and taking my time making breakfast, going to the gym, getting ready, going for a walk with wrig on my own time during the day. Now I'm waking up early enough to hit the gym, make breakfast and lunch, get ready and I am off to work. I know I am overly grateful for my job. I absolutely love it, there is just sometimes when I wish I could go back. I wouldn't last long though. Because, yesterday I went to the gym and ran 6 miles on the treadmill. HATE treadmills awful. Steve went to help my dad, so after I was done with the gym, I took a shower and made myself some eggs. I turned on the tv and I was chillin. I lasted 2 hours by myself and I was bugging Steve.
I had a clinic visit with the doctors and I have been a good girl about my pills. I changed my mindset. I am borrowing this heart so I need to take real good care of it so I can give it back to my donor. I talked with my doctors about harvesting my eggs and surrogacy. They told me I have to wait til March to do anything. I explain to them I understand I just wanted to know if it is a possibility and if so it takes a long time to get the ball rolling. I mean we have to be in counseling for a whole year with the surrogate mother. This stuff isn't a joke. They informed me that they don't know how harvesting my eggs who impact me and if my anti-rejection drugs are affecting them. They are going to get back with me on that. I hope this is a possibility, oh my you don't know how my world would change if I had a little rugrat. I am getting chills just thinking about it. All my blood tests came back great. I have another alomap and echo in 3 weeks. My ticker is doing amazing.
I got another letter from my donor father and this time he sent me a picture of his daughter, my donor. At first I was nervous to open it. The reason why he sent it is because I told him that I thought of his daughter as my best friend and sister. As I was reading his letter I was going to the next page and there she was. I didn't cry, I looked at her and started to think about how she was feeling when she took the picture. Her father hasn't told me just a little bit about her. My mind is racing and I had to put it down. This was on Friday, on Saturday as I was running and dead tried I thought this is for you (my donor). My whole body got chills as I was running. This is why I am doing this half marathon. I am doing it for my donor, because without her I wouldn't be able to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could have provided a means out. Ashley is

Stinking Breathing Tube!!!! Actually they are out!!! YAYA

Anywho the stinking breathing tube is still in, which makes it more than miserable for Ashley. She is so frustrated, can't talk, can't get anyone to understand what she is trying to say.  It's difficult to see her suffer like she has. The Dr. just told us it's not all just up to her, her lungs may just be that full of fluid that the oxygen saturation may just be low. They have gotten lots of fluid off her which is helping and we are hoping later today will be the day. It's going to take getting that out to  get her up walking and making leaps and bounds of improvements. We are calling today day 2 post surgery, she was on bypass through the weekend which did not put her ahead any, she had fluid on board already from the first surgery so now the fluid has basically compounded. 8PM Update- Breathing tubes are out, still on oxygen, much less irritated, she has one of her favorite nurses on tonight and we think another one of her fav's  will be working with her

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the s