Skip to main content

annual exam #3

All good news at my annual exam this past weekend. I got to see my surgeon, doctor and my ICU nurses. My procedure to check my ticker went well with no struggles and my recovery has been blissful. I really enjoyed see everyone because they are basically my 2nd family that I love so much. No changes just keep doing me and remember my medications to keep trucking along. One of my doctors told me that heart rejection is extremely rare if I don't forget my medications and another doctor said to not test my celiacs due to it may affect the absorption of my medications. So with that said I am definitely going to avoid all gluten and never miss my meds. Roger?

I got to see my brother's baby Tygen. He is a adorable peanut that grunts majority of the time. My mom and I were watching him while my brother and Danielle his wife went to a wedding. We just fed him and my mom said he just pooped, so I offered to change him. As I finish cleaning him up, he decides he isn't quit done and poo's all over my hand. In other words I got some good practice. It was good to see everyone and celebrating Tygen's birth, my 3 year heart anniversary,  me and Steve's 7 year anniversary and my aunts birthday. March is a pretty eventful month, I would say.

Scottie and I tried going skiing, but the snow was too wet. So, we did what we do best which is shopped and hit the movies. Every time I see her I realize how great she is and how grateful I am to have her in my life. We were able to play church basketball Thursday night, it was fun because it brought me back to the old days of us playing together. She is the bestest ever.


Little peanut Tygen 


Happy 7 years today to this man holding Tygen. You are my better half, my rock and my love for life!


Dr. Caine is the man how sliced me open and sowed me up, not once...not twice but 3 times



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could have provided a means out. Ashley is

Stinking Breathing Tube!!!! Actually they are out!!! YAYA

Anywho the stinking breathing tube is still in, which makes it more than miserable for Ashley. She is so frustrated, can't talk, can't get anyone to understand what she is trying to say.  It's difficult to see her suffer like she has. The Dr. just told us it's not all just up to her, her lungs may just be that full of fluid that the oxygen saturation may just be low. They have gotten lots of fluid off her which is helping and we are hoping later today will be the day. It's going to take getting that out to  get her up walking and making leaps and bounds of improvements. We are calling today day 2 post surgery, she was on bypass through the weekend which did not put her ahead any, she had fluid on board already from the first surgery so now the fluid has basically compounded. 8PM Update- Breathing tubes are out, still on oxygen, much less irritated, she has one of her favorite nurses on tonight and we think another one of her fav's  will be working with her

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the s