Skip to main content

overnighter

Over Labor Day weekend, Steve, Wrigley and I went up to Stanley, Idaho to go camping. Sound fun right? We were way under prepared, for example, we didn't have a tent, we brought up a hammock, but forgot one of the ropes to secure it to a tree. I was thinking this idea of mine was going to be fun, but it was more stressful. I am glad we went because even thought we had the worst night ever and Wrigley was a pill, we had fun in between, plus memories!









I started playing soccer again and it is amazing. I play on a women's 4v4 and an COED 7v7. It is fun because I am meeting new people. Before my heart transplant, I looked at sports as if you lose you are a loser and I would get disappointed in myself. Now all I want to do is have fun and just get out there and be grateful for my ability to kick the ball around.

Steve and I have been slacking on training for our half marathon at the end of this month. We have been thinking about maybe running the 10k rather than the half. That decision is still up in the air though, so stay tuned to see what we do.

My cousin Talon is out on his mission over in Ghana, Africa. We have been emailing each other every Monday. It is so great to hear that he is doing well and he feels like he was meant to go there. He is the whitest kid, I swear and he tells me he became an African. He is such an inspiration for me and I am overly proud of him.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the ...

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could hav...

New Day, New Chapter, New....????

After the other days SHOCKing experience, I had to go into the clinic today to have my device interrogated.   Basically find out why I got shocked…. Was it warranted?? My device is set to SHOCK me if my heart gets beating too fast, like 180bpm or higher. Which I guess I excreted myself too much yesterday. This is a little bit upsetting, I was hardly up the trail and I got shocked. How am I supposed to do anything physical and not get shocked? Think about trying to exercise but also having to worry about a horse kicking you in the chest at any time.   Leaving the clinic I was pretty bummed… Is my heart just getting worse? Anyway, I went to work at straws and about an hour into work the clinic was calling me. I didn’t want to answer because I had a feeling my INR would be too low again and I would have to be admitted to the hospital. Anyway, I answered and Dr. Kia was on the line. He said “I heard you left upset from the clinic today?” I figured he was about to give me a pe...