Skip to main content

utah

What a great weekend! This past weekend Steve and I went down to Salt Lake and spent time with my family. It is my mom's birthday this coming Tuesday and it will be Pioneer day this Monday, so we decided to go down any celebrate both with my family. We went for a hike on Saturday morning to the Living Room trail right above the U of U and what a view we had of the valley. After our hike we met up with my Aunt LoLo and had breakfast at Ruth's Diner up Emigration Canyon. It was soo good seeing her and visiting. My mom and I went to the Bulterville's Day parade that afternoon to see the cool floats and eat some candy. That night my family went out to eat for my mom's birthday and then we over to the park to the Butlerville's Day carnival, music, food truck and fireworks. There we saw my best friend's family and catch up on each others lives. It was great seeing everyone.

Steve and I are still training for our half marathon this coming September, but the week before we were heading down to Salt Lake both Steve and I were trying to run 7 miles and my body did not want to. The day before that we went up to Bogus Basin to go for a hike and we of course got lost and hiked  around 6 miles, so I was pooped. Other than that, feeling great and amazing.


Us sitting on Living Room couches


Check the view and ignore the goons


Scottie and I back at it again :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the ...

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could hav...

New Day, New Chapter, New....????

After the other days SHOCKing experience, I had to go into the clinic today to have my device interrogated.   Basically find out why I got shocked…. Was it warranted?? My device is set to SHOCK me if my heart gets beating too fast, like 180bpm or higher. Which I guess I excreted myself too much yesterday. This is a little bit upsetting, I was hardly up the trail and I got shocked. How am I supposed to do anything physical and not get shocked? Think about trying to exercise but also having to worry about a horse kicking you in the chest at any time.   Leaving the clinic I was pretty bummed… Is my heart just getting worse? Anyway, I went to work at straws and about an hour into work the clinic was calling me. I didn’t want to answer because I had a feeling my INR would be too low again and I would have to be admitted to the hospital. Anyway, I answered and Dr. Kia was on the line. He said “I heard you left upset from the clinic today?” I figured he was about to give me a pe...