Skip to main content

my better half

Another week without my man and our little W, but I made it and oh so happy that Steve is home. We are still missing our 4 legged kiddo though. :( We have gotten some updates on how well he is doing mingling with other dogs,which makes my heart happy. It is exciting for us to watch and see how his attitude towards other dogs is changing. We are looking forward to taking him places without worrying as much. Only 2 more week! 

We have decided to get my eggs retrieved on January 3rd and our surrogate is going on a vacation in Febuary and then she will begin the process of tricking her body to carry a baby. :) There are other things that have to come together for example the legal stuff and more stuff, but it is crazy to think we are getting there. Our surrogate met with her attorney and everything went well. It is nuts all the different kinds of things that we can have our surrogate do during the pregnancy. We are going to meet up with our attorney and decided the terms of the agreement. Then, once the agreement is final, our surrogate's attorney is going to go over it with our surrogate. Once we are all on the same page, then the legal side is done! YEAH!!

On Saturday one of my co-worker's got married. It was fun to see all my other co-worker's there and have this mouth watering Dutch oven dinner that was AMAZING! Love my Dutch oven everything. After that we got together with 4 other couples for dinner. It was fun talking about how everyone met and how each engagement happened. The stories were all different and funny; when you find your better half or best friend you have put a ring on it. :) Before the wedding and our 2nd dinner, I was looking at old pictures and thinking about how far Steve and I have come and how grateful I am for him always being by my side. Through whatever came our way we stood tall and took each step together and pep talked each other along the way. There was a moment after my LVAD surgery when I looked at Steve and said, "I can't do this anymore." I am sure you can imagine his face; he replied, "You can't do this? Come on babe you got this." He made me smile when he said that. He knows me in and out so very blessed, grateful and happy he chose me. Our experiences have made us stronger and closer.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the ...

New Day, New Chapter, New....????

After the other days SHOCKing experience, I had to go into the clinic today to have my device interrogated.   Basically find out why I got shocked…. Was it warranted?? My device is set to SHOCK me if my heart gets beating too fast, like 180bpm or higher. Which I guess I excreted myself too much yesterday. This is a little bit upsetting, I was hardly up the trail and I got shocked. How am I supposed to do anything physical and not get shocked? Think about trying to exercise but also having to worry about a horse kicking you in the chest at any time.   Leaving the clinic I was pretty bummed… Is my heart just getting worse? Anyway, I went to work at straws and about an hour into work the clinic was calling me. I didn’t want to answer because I had a feeling my INR would be too low again and I would have to be admitted to the hospital. Anyway, I answered and Dr. Kia was on the line. He said “I heard you left upset from the clinic today?” I figured he was about to give me a pe...

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could hav...