Skip to main content

each effort is better than none

This week flew by like a flock of geese. Now that I have accomplished one of my resolutions, I am thinking about my other ones. The one that I am ready to tackle now is hiking Mount Olympus. I can't yet because of the snow. This is my next adventure though.

As I am getting my body back into the condition I want it to be, I have noticed that my right arm is way weaker than my left. I had a stroke back in 2013 that affected my right side and after everything I have been to I feel like my right arm is a noodle. My right shoulder is much smaller than my left. I never really noticed it til now. I am such a hypocrite, as I teach many of my patients about how long to takes to regain muscle and here I am getting frustrated at myself because I have been working on my right arm for 2 weeks now. I want my right as strong as my left like right now, not tomorrow, NOW please. Then I think about it, I tell myself every little thing you do is making a difference.
If there is anything that you are frustrated at, think to yourself everything you do about that thing the better it is. Each effort is better than none.

This coming month is going to be fun. We are hoping we get an "A-Okay" from my doctors to start our surrogate process, which includes so many things. Wish us luck!


Scottie & I on my wedding day...love you best friend



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the ...

New Day, New Chapter, New....????

After the other days SHOCKing experience, I had to go into the clinic today to have my device interrogated.   Basically find out why I got shocked…. Was it warranted?? My device is set to SHOCK me if my heart gets beating too fast, like 180bpm or higher. Which I guess I excreted myself too much yesterday. This is a little bit upsetting, I was hardly up the trail and I got shocked. How am I supposed to do anything physical and not get shocked? Think about trying to exercise but also having to worry about a horse kicking you in the chest at any time.   Leaving the clinic I was pretty bummed… Is my heart just getting worse? Anyway, I went to work at straws and about an hour into work the clinic was calling me. I didn’t want to answer because I had a feeling my INR would be too low again and I would have to be admitted to the hospital. Anyway, I answered and Dr. Kia was on the line. He said “I heard you left upset from the clinic today?” I figured he was about to give me a pe...

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could hav...