Skip to main content

every sunday

Wowzers, I have been a major slacker!! So here is the deal, I am going to start posting something every Sunday. This week was great! I started working and let me tell you it feels amazing. The therapists are so nice and funny. On my second day in the clinic I had a patient with low back pain, I read what the therapist did with the patient on their previous visit and said alright I can handle this. The patient was extremely nice and I even told him he was my first patient and that he might need to help me with some of the exercises. In the end, I did the exercises completely wrong and after the patient left I realized what I had done. I felt like a failure, I told the therapist what I did wrong and he said don't worry about it, how about we go over those exercises? At the end of the week I was feeling a lot better about myself. I saw 5 patients and did great with all of them with a little help from the therapists. Sometimes we have really high expectations for ourselves. Like my husband told me, "They didn't just hire you for your knowledge, they hired you because of who you are and what you have gone through." I feel like everyone should remember this. A job isn't all about the knowledge. I feel that knowledge is only 40% and your personality, how you deal with conflict and communication is 60%. So don't get discouraged like I did, pick up that chin and keep truckin forward!!

TRAIN was outstanding!! Steve got tickets from his mother for his birthday, so we went and had a great time. We ran into another BA LVAD nurse there and we sang our hearts out together.



Happy 24th of July everyone and thank you to all the pioneers that traveled the plains through the bitter cold to the raging heat, lost loved one and still kept moving forward. I honestly don't know if I could be that strong.



I have an announcement... DASH.4.ASH is coming to Wheeler Farm on October 10th, 2015. So save the date!! You can check out the facebook page at DASH4ASH and I will keep you posted on when you can sign up. It is going to be another 5k walk/run so get excited!! I am going to be there and I am participating :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the ...

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could hav...

New Day, New Chapter, New....????

After the other days SHOCKing experience, I had to go into the clinic today to have my device interrogated.   Basically find out why I got shocked…. Was it warranted?? My device is set to SHOCK me if my heart gets beating too fast, like 180bpm or higher. Which I guess I excreted myself too much yesterday. This is a little bit upsetting, I was hardly up the trail and I got shocked. How am I supposed to do anything physical and not get shocked? Think about trying to exercise but also having to worry about a horse kicking you in the chest at any time.   Leaving the clinic I was pretty bummed… Is my heart just getting worse? Anyway, I went to work at straws and about an hour into work the clinic was calling me. I didn’t want to answer because I had a feeling my INR would be too low again and I would have to be admitted to the hospital. Anyway, I answered and Dr. Kia was on the line. He said “I heard you left upset from the clinic today?” I figured he was about to give me a pe...