Skip to main content

Guess who's OUT?

Hey Ya'll I am out of the hospital and doing great! Thanks for all your support, prayer and love I feel so blessed and thankful, honestly. So on the 25th of March I had a swallow test in the morning at 10 am, after the I dominated the test I was waiting in my room with my mom for the doctors to come in and chat it up. The doctors came in and asked their questions and then they said well would you like to go home today? I said, "Darn skippy that would be the best anniversary gift ever!" Very long day that was but I am so grateful to be home and sleeping in my bed with my other half and Wrigley. It's the simplest things that make me so happy lately and I am truly thankful for this reminder.


I have been home for 2 days now and things are going great. I just have to take my time and take a lot of breaks, but this will slowly fade away as my body gets used to my new heart. Also to here is a fact: Normal peoples heart is connected to the nervous system, this means you can get up and run real easily. Now my new heart is denervated this means it is not connected to my nervous system at all. I have to warm up before and after any activity. For example, I need to do 30 jumping jacks before I could sprint. Kinda crazy huh?
Today was my first outing and guess who I went to see? The doctors and The one and only Katie Buckley. Doctors went great everything is looking good they said and to keep up the good work. Katie trimmed up hair and my nails painted (much needed :)


Thanks again from the buttom of heart to all that have just kept me in their thoughts. I am so very blessed and I don't know how to ever re pay you guys, but just know I am just going to keep telling ya'll thank you so MUCH!!!!


Comments

  1. So glad you are home and that you went to get pampered! Good for you girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this day goes down as one of the best days of my life!! I will never forget the first time seeing you with your new heart. I sure love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the ...

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could hav...

New Day, New Chapter, New....????

After the other days SHOCKing experience, I had to go into the clinic today to have my device interrogated.   Basically find out why I got shocked…. Was it warranted?? My device is set to SHOCK me if my heart gets beating too fast, like 180bpm or higher. Which I guess I excreted myself too much yesterday. This is a little bit upsetting, I was hardly up the trail and I got shocked. How am I supposed to do anything physical and not get shocked? Think about trying to exercise but also having to worry about a horse kicking you in the chest at any time.   Leaving the clinic I was pretty bummed… Is my heart just getting worse? Anyway, I went to work at straws and about an hour into work the clinic was calling me. I didn’t want to answer because I had a feeling my INR would be too low again and I would have to be admitted to the hospital. Anyway, I answered and Dr. Kia was on the line. He said “I heard you left upset from the clinic today?” I figured he was about to give me a pe...