Skip to main content

Top of the List as of 2pm...

It was decided yesterday because of my frequent “GI” bleeds that I would be listed at the top of the heart transplant list. They would usually wait at least 4 months after receiving the LVAD and then sometimes even longer than that. The way the listing goes is there is 1a, 1b, 2, 5 and so on, “a” being the highest priority. Normally one with an LVAD would be placed at “1b” and then when the Doctor's think it's appropriate, they would list you “1a” for 30days, if you don’t get your heart within that 30 days you would drop back to “1b”. But again because of the GI bleeding, I will be listed at “1ae” e meaning exception…. Basically, I will stay at “1a” status until I receive my new heart.

So surreal, and tragic for the other family, but I will be so Thankful and Blessed for my new heart to come. Only bummer is I will have to do the whole open heart surgery again.image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the ...

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could hav...

New Day, New Chapter, New....????

After the other days SHOCKing experience, I had to go into the clinic today to have my device interrogated.   Basically find out why I got shocked…. Was it warranted?? My device is set to SHOCK me if my heart gets beating too fast, like 180bpm or higher. Which I guess I excreted myself too much yesterday. This is a little bit upsetting, I was hardly up the trail and I got shocked. How am I supposed to do anything physical and not get shocked? Think about trying to exercise but also having to worry about a horse kicking you in the chest at any time.   Leaving the clinic I was pretty bummed… Is my heart just getting worse? Anyway, I went to work at straws and about an hour into work the clinic was calling me. I didn’t want to answer because I had a feeling my INR would be too low again and I would have to be admitted to the hospital. Anyway, I answered and Dr. Kia was on the line. He said “I heard you left upset from the clinic today?” I figured he was about to give me a pe...