Skip to main content

1st flight

First off I would like to apologize for not posting last Sunday, as you can tell from the title of my post I was no where near my laptop. Steve and I went to Texas for the first time. This flight wasn't just like any usual flight for me because I was able to go through the metal detector without security padding me down everywhere. It was a breeze going through security this time. For me it is weird not to tell the security person I have a pacemaker. To think that there are no metal or devices within my body, helping me to keep going amazes me. We met Steve parents, older brother, his wife and their kiddos in Texas. We flew into Dallas and Steve's parents picked us up at the airport. We then met everyone in Waco to visit Magnolia the Silos from the Fixer Upper show on HGTV. Steve and his dad are a little obsessed with the show. The place was a zoo. People every which way, lines all around and way too chaotic. It was fun seeing the silos, what Chip and Joanna did to it, the town of Waco and some areas on the show. After that we all piled in our cars and drove to Austin where we spent the rest of the trip. Seeing the town of Austin was adventurous; so much greenery every way I looked. The places we ate had great atmospheres and the food made it even better. If you haven't been to this large state I would recommend it. We liked it so much we have started to think about packing up and moving there.

Here are some pictures of the trip....



The whole crew at Magnolia and Lisa swinging with Luke

            

Steve and I enjoying food truck goodness and Barton Springs 


STASH brew aka Steve and Ashley business...kidding

             

The Salt Lick was oh so delicious BBQ


Waiting for the bats on Congress, but the bats just barely had their babies so they didn't come out :(


Liam and I looking at all the turtles and all the Irvin boys


Liam (Darth Vader) and Steve (Chewbacca) with light sabers or walking sticks

Us all having fun on a hike up in the Bee Cave area. A whole lot of crazy time with this gang so grateful them all.

This past week was good it was only a 3 day work week for me :) My cousin and her friend came up this weekend to attend a basketball camp at the U of U. It was nice to see them again, but my cousin hurt her ankle at another camp out in Snow College so I took a look at her ankle and showed her some exercises to do. On Saturday Steve hurt his back so then I showed him so exercises to do, in the end it was a 5 day work week. I am so grateful for what I am able to do and teach people things about their bodies that they didn't know. Today is Father's day and I am very blessed that my dad is my dad even when he is a wee bit coo-coo. I love him for what he is. He has taught and showed me some amazing things and I am pretty sure he always has a joke on hand whenever anyone sees him. Love you papa. Happy Father's Day to all the Father's out there and especially to my crazy old one. 








Comments

  1. It was a blast to great to get together with you guys in a new place. More #irvintures to come!!...like next weekend!11 DENVER- TOE RINGS...all that fun!!!!love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had SO much fun on this trip with y'all. So happy we are family!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could have provided a means out. Ashley is

Stinking Breathing Tube!!!! Actually they are out!!! YAYA

Anywho the stinking breathing tube is still in, which makes it more than miserable for Ashley. She is so frustrated, can't talk, can't get anyone to understand what she is trying to say.  It's difficult to see her suffer like she has. The Dr. just told us it's not all just up to her, her lungs may just be that full of fluid that the oxygen saturation may just be low. They have gotten lots of fluid off her which is helping and we are hoping later today will be the day. It's going to take getting that out to  get her up walking and making leaps and bounds of improvements. We are calling today day 2 post surgery, she was on bypass through the weekend which did not put her ahead any, she had fluid on board already from the first surgery so now the fluid has basically compounded. 8PM Update- Breathing tubes are out, still on oxygen, much less irritated, she has one of her favorite nurses on tonight and we think another one of her fav's  will be working with her

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the s