Skip to main content

halloween time...forgot to post this 2 weeks late

Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween weekend. Pretty laid back week for me because I haven't been exercising because of my stupid cough. I tried to workout on Tuesday night. I felt fine while I was dancing my buns off and squatting. My legs were feeling it for sure. It was hilarious. I suck at dancing, but so does my friend, so we were in the back row trying to stay up with the instructor. That night I was hacking my lungs up big time. So I decided maybe another week without exercising. Now what am I going to do about the half marathon? Not sure yet. Depends how well I do on my first run back. I was thinking I was planning on running/walking 13.1 miles that day anyways, even if it takes me half the day. Just want to finish.
This week we have been moving in to our new home. Exhausting and annoying if you ask me. We are staying there tonight :) so very happy! We still need to do something's but we will be alright. Wrigley isn't so sure of the house and I think he missed Oakley and Bo. After all the boxes are out of the way and everything put in its place he will be okay with it.
Friday at work we all dressed up except 2 people. I dressed up as a biker chick, one of the PT as Mr. Rogers, front desk lady she wore a fun headband, and the aides as a crow and a green bush or peter pan or stock of asparagus or whatever. We had a good time, more like always.
Saturday I went with my aunt and cousin to UVU and watch Monticello play volleyball. They won their first match, but unfortunately lost the 2nd. They took 2nd in 1A. It was fun spending time with them and taking a break from unpacking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the ...

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could hav...

New Day, New Chapter, New....????

After the other days SHOCKing experience, I had to go into the clinic today to have my device interrogated.   Basically find out why I got shocked…. Was it warranted?? My device is set to SHOCK me if my heart gets beating too fast, like 180bpm or higher. Which I guess I excreted myself too much yesterday. This is a little bit upsetting, I was hardly up the trail and I got shocked. How am I supposed to do anything physical and not get shocked? Think about trying to exercise but also having to worry about a horse kicking you in the chest at any time.   Leaving the clinic I was pretty bummed… Is my heart just getting worse? Anyway, I went to work at straws and about an hour into work the clinic was calling me. I didn’t want to answer because I had a feeling my INR would be too low again and I would have to be admitted to the hospital. Anyway, I answered and Dr. Kia was on the line. He said “I heard you left upset from the clinic today?” I figured he was about to give me a pe...