Skip to main content

great week!

I had a pretty nice week. I love my job. The people I work with are two thumbs up amazing and I feel comfortable asking them dumb questions, because I always have a lot of those kind of questions. I leave work smiling and saying to myself, "I really like working there."
On Thursday I had another clinic appointment and everything is looking good! My blood work came back all good. They lower my dose of predisone!! Only taking 10 mg now a total of 2 pills. This past week I have been struggling on my runs. Us lovely women have these things every single month and I was on it this week, so that's what the doc said about why I was struggling this week and my predisone medication can affect my muscles too I guess. Can't wait to see how I feel when I am totally off it.
This Friday we went up to Midway and visited our friends. They have 2 kids and wow they make me baby hungry. We went to the Heber Fair with Addi their daughter and she is the cutest, smartest, funniest little girl. It is so fun to see their faces when they get excited and see them laugh. Steve hates fairs and he didn't even complain, pretty impressive. I can't wait to have my own little hoodlums running around crazy!
I am so thankful for a day of rest to cherish the spiritual side of life and to know that He loves each of you with all His heart. Here is a quote from Jeffrey R. Holland, "In the gospel of Jesus Christ you have help from both sides of the veil, and you must never forget that." If we could see everything we would be able to see there would be horses and chariots of fire going crazy when we are in trouble.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

quarantine = self reflection

I was talking with my lovely mother on Facetime this morning and she suggested to post on my blog. I look at my blog and noticed I haven't posted since November! So here you go, during this crazy time I am no longer working and my day to day tasks have shifted drastically. I am sure all of you know what is going on all over the world. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. I have been in this situation before. I was taken out of the game due to my heart, my life was soccer. Now my life was going to work and heading off to soccer practice, but COVID-19 has taken that away. I am reflecting on my response when my heart wasn't doing that well. At first I was frustrated and asking why? Now I am doing the same thing. WHY? Because I am HUMAN I know!!! This time I caught myself and decided to choose another route.  My alternate route has been getting outside every darn day, no matter the weather and enjoying the beauties of this earth, sun, clouds, rain, breeze, nature, the ...

Chalk It Up as a Miracle.........

Some of you may know, but Ashley went through another Heart Transplant yesterday. After her first first new heart started to fail, we re-listed on the her on the transplant list immediately. We knew getting another heart would be a long shot, but we wanted the option to be there if a heart came available. Sure enough 18 hours on the list a second heart came available that was a perfect match for Ashley. Ironically, it took 4.5 months and then 2 hearts in the same week. We, including the doctors, are all chalking it up as a miracle. It was decided not to wait to see if the first heart would handle the load she would need but rather to move forward with the new donor heart. Going through a transplant a second time makes you really feel for the family who lost their daughter, sister, spouse and friend. We are grateful again for the family and the individual who choose to give life. We were in quite a predicament and feel only divine intervention could hav...

New Day, New Chapter, New....????

After the other days SHOCKing experience, I had to go into the clinic today to have my device interrogated.   Basically find out why I got shocked…. Was it warranted?? My device is set to SHOCK me if my heart gets beating too fast, like 180bpm or higher. Which I guess I excreted myself too much yesterday. This is a little bit upsetting, I was hardly up the trail and I got shocked. How am I supposed to do anything physical and not get shocked? Think about trying to exercise but also having to worry about a horse kicking you in the chest at any time.   Leaving the clinic I was pretty bummed… Is my heart just getting worse? Anyway, I went to work at straws and about an hour into work the clinic was calling me. I didn’t want to answer because I had a feeling my INR would be too low again and I would have to be admitted to the hospital. Anyway, I answered and Dr. Kia was on the line. He said “I heard you left upset from the clinic today?” I figured he was about to give me a pe...